On This Side There Are Dreams, Too shortlisted for the Leica Oskar Barnack Award
July 21, 2023
- The new work focuses on the people and landscapes behind the newspaper headlines of Mexico’s northern border.
La Espera – The Wait at Belfast Photo Festival
May 27, 2023
- From the 1st to the 30th of June, the works will be on display on outdoor exhibition at the Botanic Gardens
The Undertaker of the Desert for 1843 Magazine
May 4, 2023
- Documenting different realities of the origin, transit and destination of part of the irregular migration towards the US for the Economist's publication
“L’ours, les chasseurs et la cocaïne: qui a tué Cachou?”
for M Le Magazine du Monde
December 30, 2022
- "The bear, the hunters and the cocaine: who killed Cachou?" is the title of the cover story I worked on together with Le Monde correspondent Sandrine Morel in Val d'Aran for M Le Magazine du Monde.
November 20, 2022
- The publication takes the form of a fanzine and includes the text done by Elisa Rusca for the project.
opens at Galerie Focale
November 16, 2022
- Come along at the opening on the 17th of November at 18h in Nyon.
wins Prix Focale – Ville de Nyon Award
October 2, 2022
- The project will be exhibited at Gallerie Focale in Nyon, Switzerland on November this year
at Ambulante Film Festival
September 20, 2022
- The film will be screened at Ambulante Film Festival as part of Coordenadas Chihuahua on the 2nd of October.
Mexico City’s “Ajustadores” for Zurich Insurance Group
September 10, 2022
- Documenting the day-to-day of these "agents on wheels" for the 150th year anniversary book of Zurich Insurance Group
The Ephemeral Art of Mexico City’s Food Stalls
for the New York Times
July 22, 2022
- Have a look at the work I did documenting the ongoing loss of iconic hand painted signs that decorate street stalls on The New York Times' microsite
at Flatpack Festival in Birmingham
May 18, 2022
- The Bridge will be screened on the Mid-length: Territory selection of the British festival Flatpack on Wednesday 18 May.
Documenting the integration of refugee families for the UNHCR
January 12, 2022
- Working as a cinematographer for the UN Refugee Agency, I documented the day-to-day of a refugee family resettling in Mexico
“Sindicat de l’Hospitalet”
for The Guardian
November 11, 2021
- The filmed "Sindicat de l'Hospitalet" in which I worked as a DoP with director Irene Baqué is now out on The Guardian Documentaries
The Bridge – Official Selection at STXIFF
October 25, 2021
- The Bridge will be screened at South Texas International Film Festival next January.
Premiere of The Bridge on Topic
October 4, 2021
- Coinciding with Hispanic Heritage Month, Topic premieres my directorial debut, The Bridge, filmed in four cities between the US and Mexico.
Beatrice Ferrari for Le Temps
October 17, 2020
- For the Grande Interview of the Saturday edidtion of the Swiss newspaper
at the Nederlands Fotomuseum
October 1, 2020
- You can visit the exhibition at the Museum in Rotterdam from the 2nd of October until the 6th of December.
The New Saturday Night
for The New York Times
May 1, 2020
- The world is under lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic. How is everyone spending Saturday night?
Salsa in the synagogue: exploring Cuba’s fading Jewish community
on The Economist 1843 Magazine
April 4, 2020
- The Economist 1843 asked me to join Lara Feigel in Cuba and retrace her dad's journey from Antwerp to the island in the 50s.
Portrait of Evo Morales for The Wall Street Journal
November 29, 2019
- Photographing the former president in Mexico City
Portrait of Evo Morales for Der Spiegel
November 22, 2019
- German weekly magazine Der Spiegel commissioned me to photograph former Bolivian President Evo Morales in Mexico City where he now lives in exile after having been ousted.
Honduras Climate Movers
for the California Sunday Magazine
October 3, 2019
- Te espero como la lluvia de mayo. I wait for you like the rain of May...
The United Soya Republic
at Unseen Amsterdam
September 20, 2019
- Come to Westergasfabriek to get to see the audiovisual installation done by Emmie Kollau with my photographs for Docking Station
For Your Convenience
An evening on image-making in a time of food ignorance and ecological imbalance
September 19, 2019
- ‘for your convenience’, an evening on image-making as artistic research and critical tool...
The United Soya Republic
at the Humanity House in The Hague
September 18, 2019
- In conversation with artist and moderator Yair Callender
Guest lecture at KABK
September 15, 2019
- Speaking to the third year students of the Photography BA at the Royal Academy of Art in The Hague
Chivas’ fans for 11Freunde
September 1, 2019
- In Guadalajara to meet the fans on their match against San Luis with words by Andrea Canales
Starting a month-long residency with Docking Station in Amsterdam
August 30, 2019
- “Docking Station’s mission is to bring high-quality visual stories out there so that they can make an impact. Because they provide us with new windows onto the world."
in Caracas for Le Monde M Magazine
August 3, 2019
- Done in 1953 in a booming Venezuela by Italian avant-garde architect of Gio Ponti
opens in Paris at Gare de l’Est
April 20, 2019
- Until the 30th of June at Gare de l'Est as well as at Le Centquatre as part of Festival Circulation(s)
Member of Panos Pictures
March 5, 2019
- Excited to be part of this big family of talented photographers and filmmakers...
Looking Across the Border
January 10, 2019
- Directing this series of short documentaries in Tijuana, Mexico for Topic
The United Soya Republic
opens at Centro Cultural Juan de Salazar in Asunción
September 6, 2018
- Part of the biannual photo festival El Ojo Salvaje, this year devoting to land use and land issues around the world
Costa Rica, ripe for Malaria Elimination
for the WHO
July 10, 2018
- Documenting the efforts made by the Costa Rican Ministry of Health to eliminate malaria on its soil for the World Health Organisation
Miradas a la Ciudad – A Look Back at the City
opens at the Museum of the City of Mexico
June 14, 2018
- I was asked to create a series of portraits showcasing those who make Mexico City such a unique place: from a taco seller in Colonia Narvarte to a taxi driver in Observatorio, Garibaldi Plaza’s mariachis and the Santa Muerte worshippers in Tepito.
“Can Sugar Tax Work?” for The Telegraph Magazine
April 7, 2018
- Working in Mexico City and the southern state of Chiapas in a bid to understand the effects of fizzy drinks consumption and people’s lives
Covering the Caravana Migrante for Bloomberg and The Wall Street Journal
April 5, 2018
- The photos were also published on the front page of Italy’s la Repubblica
“Tapachula, Carrefour des Exilés” published in M Le Magazine du Monde
February 21, 2018
- I went to the southern Mexican city to document the situation for migrants from Asia, Africa and Latin America
Finalist of the Thomson Reuters Foundation & Barilla Center Media Award
October 24, 2017
- Thomson Reuters Foundation and Barilla Center partnered up to create the Food Sustainability Media Award
Los Menonos part of the main exhibition in the 16th Dong Gang International Photo Festival
July 10, 2017
- Running from 14 July until 1 October 2017 at the Dong Gang Museum of Photography
Mitad y Mitad – collaboration with Huck magazine
June 20, 2017
- The film follows the daily commute Karla Nutter makes between Juárez, Mexico and El Paso in the U.S.
The United Soya Republic solo exhibition at Francesca Maffeo Gallery, UK
April 15, 2017
- The private view takes place on Friday 21 April 2017 from 6-9pm
Plumbing vs Gangs at Giangiacomo Fondazione Feltrinelli’s exhibition
March 22, 2017
- The work done for WaterAid in 2016 will be in Milan for World Water Day
The Unseen Cost of Agriculture in Argentina, National Geographic’s Proof
February 17, 2017
- With words by Daniel Stone
Bright Spark Runner-up, Magenta Foundation’s Flash Forward Award
May 10, 2016
- Canada’s pioneering charitable arts-publishing house awarded second place to The United Soya Republic on the foundation’s global award.
Recipient of the Magnum Foundation Emergency Fund
March 23, 2016
- "Selected projects are those that explore new models of storytelling, demonstrate a commitment to social issues, and/or are grounded in the communities they represent.”
The United Soya Republic exhibited at Ivorypress in Madrid
May 20, 2015
- “On 26 May 2015, as part of PHotoEspaña’s Off festival, Ivorypress will present the group exhibition Under 35, which brings together the work of five young Spanish photographers"
Los Menonos solo exhibition at Gallery Vasli Souza in Mälmo, Sweden
February 20, 2015
- From 20 February until 21 March, at Gallery Vasli Souza, a centre for contemporary photography in the city.